Post info

Labels:


Comments 0


Author: trenggana

City of Glass (Mortal Instruments)Reviewed by. Valerie
This book is just mostly for entertainment. But if you've already read the first two you already know this. When I finished I let out a sigh of gratitude. I finished! No more questions and no more wondering.

The characters are still there growing strong. Clary is still impetuous but she is also still very caring. Jace tries to go above a beyond to protect her but he also has to fight his own demons (get it "demons", well at least I'm trying). Lucian stays the same for the most part; you see him work hard to make things right. 


Simon really evolves from his goofy persona to a more mature character but he is still a great funny character. Isabel and Alec seem to release more from their tightly compressed shadowhunter role. The mom finally comes up too and she is the one to answer all the questions. Valentine is still crazy.

After the second book you kind of get an inkling of how thing might turn out. About halfway though this book I figured it out so Clary's mom's explanation of whats what was not all that surprising. It usually doesn't bother me when a book is a somewhat predictable. I was relieved when Clary and Jace finally knew everything. They could finally stop talking about how much they wanted to but couldn’t be together.

There isn't as much action as I thought there would be but it actually didn't bother me. Things are pretty interesting the whole way. There is a lot of love talk between Clary and Jace, which would be very sweet if it was told to me. I don't think people (especially guys) talk about their feeling like Clary and Jace do. Ah well, I'll still read romance books and watch chick-flicks anyway.

City of Glass is, in my opinion, the best book of the series. It kept me in a good mood all day.

After Note: I heard there is going to be a fourth book but I'm not going to read it. I think there is enough said in this one.

0 comments:


Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.